Brighton Primary School warmly welcomes local and international families to join our friendly and inclusive school community.
As an internationally minded school, with a strong local community connection, our reputation stands on honouring our history, focusing on the present and preparing for the future. We believe that the growth of our children is at the heart of our community.
By focusing on the whole child, we facilitate a sense of belonging and achievement through powerful interactions with other learners and rich learning tasks.
To enrol at Brighton Primary School the Victorian Department of Education stipulates that families must live within the designated boundary or be eligible to enrol as part of our Hearing Unit.
2024 Prep Transition Mornings (to be confirmed)
Our Prep transition days will be planned and advised to families in term three.
Please also visit our School Tours, Transitioning To School and tips for Prep Readiness web pages.
These will help potential new families to understand Brighton Primary’s mission, values and culture:
|Enrolment||Primary Years Program of the|
|Enrolment Form||Brighton Primary Primary Years Program||Hearing Unit Facility Brochure|
|Primary Years Program|
|Why choose BPS?|
|Primary Years Program Key Findings|
|Brighton Primary School Brochure||Primary Years Program FAQ’s|
For further information regarding school zoning please visit Find My School website and type in your address:
To make your enrolment as simple and quick as possible, please ensure you follow these steps.
- In Zone Children Your child must turn 5 years of age by the 30th April in the year of school entry.
- Completed enrolment form – In order to confirm your child’s enrolment, a confidential enrolment form must be accompanied by the following documents and submitted to the school office:
- Immunisation History Statement – for children under 7 who are registered with Medicare, this statement can be obtained by calling Medicare on 1800 653 809 or by lodging an online request at the Australian Childhood Immunisation register
- Evidence of birth date – a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and, if available, copy of Passport
- International enrolments – a copy of your child’s birth date and a copy of your child’s passport
- Proof of residency within the school zone i.e. Rates notice, lease agreement etc.
- Copy of Visa status – (if applicable).
PLEASE NOTE: the originals of these documents must be sighted and photocopied at the school office.
FAQ – Please read Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Key Dates for 2024 Prep Enrolment
- Enrolments are currently open. Please ensure you submit an enrolment application for Prep by Friday 28 July 2023.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023.
- Take part in transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
- Your child will start Prep from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
NOTE: Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by the school as they are received, in accordance with the Department’s Placement Policy.