Brighton Primary School warmly welcomes local and international families to join our friendly and inclusive school community.
As an internationally minded school, with a strong local community connection, our reputation stands on honouring our history, focusing on the present and preparing for the future. We believe that the growth of our children is at the heart of our community.
By focusing on the whole child, we facilitate a sense of belonging and achievement through powerful interactions with other learners and rich learning tasks.
2025 Prep Transition Mornings (to be confirmed)
Our Prep transition days will be planned and advised to families in term three.
These will help potential new families to understand Brighton Primary’s mission, values and culture:
|Primary Years Program of the
|Brighton Primary Primary Years Program
|Hearing Unit Facility Brochure
|Primary Years Program
|Why choose BPS?
|Primary Years Program Key Findings
|Brighton Primary School Brochure
|Primary Years Program FAQ’s
For further information regarding school zoning please visit Find My School website and type in your address:
To make your enrolment as simple and quick as possible, please ensure you follow these steps.
- In Zone Children Your child must turn 5 years of age by the 30th April in the year of school entry.
- Completed enrolment form – In order to confirm your child’s enrolment, a confidential enrolment form must be accompanied by the following documents and submitted to the school office:
- Immunisation History Statement – for children under 7 who are registered with Medicare, this statement can be obtained by calling Medicare on 1800 653 809 or by lodging an online request at the Australian Childhood Immunisation register
- Evidence of birth date – a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and, if available, copy of Passport
- International enrolments – a copy of your child’s birth date and a copy of your child’s passport
- Proof of residency within the school zone i.e. Rates notice, lease agreement etc.
- Copy of Visa status – (if applicable).
PLEASE NOTE: the originals of these documents must be sighted and photocopied at the school office.
FAQ – Please read Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Key Dates for 2025 Prep Enrolment
- Enrolments open from Monday 15 April 2024. Please ensure you submit an enrolment application for Prep by Friday 26 July 2024.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 9 August 2024. If you receive an offer of placement, you should accept the offer by Friday 23 August 2024.
- Take part in transition sessions during Term 4, 2024.
- Your child will start Prep from Wednesday 29 January 2025.
NOTE: Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by the school as they are received, in accordance with the Department’s Placement Policy.