Brighton Primary School offers a comprehensive education program which aims to deliver robust learning outcomes for all students. We are working hard to make our school better and stronger. While the Department of Education and Training funds a standard curriculum program, many of the highly valued programs and resources provided by Brighton Primary School go above and beyond this funding and could not be provided without the financial support of parents whose children benefit.
In order to maintain and enhance high quality teaching and learning programs and resources, School Council has approved the following 2021 parent payment charges.
- 2021 Prep – Year 5 Parent Payment Fee Schedule
- 2021 Year 6 Parent Payment Fee Schedule
- Parent Payments Policy
Brighton Primary School makes every effort to keep the cost of items and activities to a minimum and affordable for all parents.
Some of our school improvement projects currently underway include:
- Creating classroom libraries in all grade levels from Prep – Grade 6
- Purchasing additional literacy materials including new readers for students from Prep – Grade 6, decodable texts and Fountas & Pinnell Reading Assessment
- Purchasing new classroom furniture for all classrooms from Prep to Grade 6
- Repainting the classrooms and other learning spaces
- Repairing the slate tiles and metal roofing on the Junior and Senior Buildings
Financial Support for Families
Brighton Primary School understands that some families may experience financial difficulty and offers a range of support options, including:
- The school’s second–hand uniform shop
- State Schools Relief Fund (SSRF)
- The Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF)
For a confidential discussion about accessing these services, or if you would like to discuss alternative payment arrangements, contact:
Diane O’Connor – Business Manager – Phone: 03 9592 0177 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would appreciate payment by 16 December, 2020. Parent payments and contributions are made via the Compass portal through Course Confirmations/School Payments module in Compass. Parent Payment Plans are also available in three payments
- 16 December, 2020.
- 1 February, 2021
- 1 March, 2021
Refunds will be worked out on a case by case basis. Brighton Primary has the discretion to provide refunds to families and will do so where it is reasonable and fair (for example, if the school has not incurred a cost).
If the school has incurred costs, the school will act reasonably and take into consideration the Financial Help for Families Policy and relevant arrangements, including support for families experiencing hardship. For example, the schools will consider refunding families for unavoidable event cancellations if a family experiences a crisis or sudden serious illness and the student can no longer attend the event (and a medical certificate is provided).
When the school provides a refund, the family will need to advise their bank account details in writing and the funds will be electronically transferred.